All too often, laptops that are designed for gaming purposes have one common dilemma – exaggerating just how “designed for gamers” they are. Actually, you could spot them from a mile away from their brightly colored accents, neon lights and science fiction-like elements and instantly know that they are meant for those with an abundance of gaming muscle. A mile away? Okay, that’s a bit of an exaggeration, but you don’t have to be a computer geek to differentiate a gaming laptop from a normal laptop.
There are many brands of gaming laptops out there, and MSI laptops are some of the most sought-after machines in the world. They are manufactured by Micro-Star International Co. LTD, which is one of the largest manufacturers of graphics cards, motherboards, laptops and desktops. If you are a gaming fanatic, you should check out the range of gaming laptops that this company has to offer. You can check out great laptops in the likes of MSI GT40, MSI GT60 and MSI GT70 among others.
The fact remains that every brand has its strengths and weaknesses relative to other laptops. In this MSI laptop review, you will find some helpful information that will enable you to know what to expect from MSI GT60 and MSI GT70 normal and its dragon edition. Here are some of the important aspects to keep in mind when making a choice of an MSI gaming laptop: –
MSI GT60 Review
MSI GT60 is a 15.6-inch gaming laptop is, for lack of a better description, a beasty piece of a machine. If you are a gamer who’s looking for a laptop that’s portable, solid, mature and smartly designed, then the msi gt60 will suit you just fine. With its matte black styling, this gaming laptop effortlessly makes a statement fashion. Both the palm rest and display are lined with brushed metal, while the underside of the machine and the screen bezel are lined with tough, matte plastic. The hard glossy black plastic on the control center above the keyboard, as well as the various chrome accents throughout the design make this machine even glossier and more appealing to the gamers’ eye.
- Dimensions: 383 x 249.5 x 37.6mm
- Weight: 2.4kg
- Chipset: Intel Fourth Gen HM87
- Processor: Intel Core i7-4700MQ Quad-Core @ 2.4 GHz (Turbo Boost up to 3.4 GHZ.
- RAM: 16 GB DDR3 (2 x 8 GB SODIMM)
- Storage: 128 GB SanDisk SDSSF212 SSD+ 1 TB Western Digital WD 10JPVX-22J HDD
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4 GB GDDR5 RAM
- Optical Drive: BD Combo (DVD-RW)
- Operating System: Windows 8, 64 bit
- Display: 15.8-Inch 1920×1080 LED Anti-glare matte screen
- Battery: 9 Cells, 49Wh lithium-ion battery (4400mAh)
- Bluetooth: Yes, 4.0
- Communications: Killer e2200 Gigabit Ethernet
- Sound: Realtek ALC892 with SoundBlaster Cinema enhancement
- Connections: USB 2.0 USB 3.0 x 3 SD/MMC Card Reader, 4 Audio Jacks (Mic, Headset, Line-in, Line-out, HDMI, mini-display port, VGA
- You can wirelessly connect to other Bluetooth-enabled devices such as phones and printers, eliminating wires.
- You can conveniently transfer pictures from your camera’s memory card seamlessly and directly to your laptop.
- You can transfer large files at speeds up to ten times faster than USB 2.0.
- You can share high-end multimedia to your TV from your laptop.
- Since this laptop has a backlit keyboard, you can easily type in low light conditions.
- From the optical drive, you will be able to watch all your favorite movies from your DVD.
- Through the numerical pad, you will be able to enter large amounts of number, maximizing accuracy and speed.
- Its storage capacity is large enough to keep lots of files.
- It is light in weight, making it easily portable.
- It has a great Screen, incredible sound and very helpful buttons.
- It has a cooling feature that keeps the laptop cool during heavy gaming.
- It has a slow HD.
- You will get lots of updates at first that usually take considerable amounts of time to install. This means you have to be prepared to do a lot of restarting and updating that takes forever.
- You may find the CD drive a bit loud than desired.
- Its battery life isn’t long enough.
GIZMOOWORLD RECOMMENDATION FOR MSI GT60
MSI GT70 Normal and MSI GT70 Dragon Edition
Looking for a laptop that is a little bit more exciting than a normal laptop? If your answer is to the affirmative, the MSI GT70 laptop will give you more excitement than you can handle. If users were asked to recommend models that should be featured on the list of the sexiest laptops of all time, then you can rest assured that the MSI GT70 would find its way on that list. If you think the normal edition of the MSI GT70 is cool (which it is), you should see the MSI GT70 dragon edition and you will be totally blown away. The dragon edition is an impressively large 17.3-inch laptop with flair that is designated to make it easily stand out. The following is an MSI GT70 review that highlights the features of this great piece of machine-
Design :- The dragon edition chassis sports a glittering red brushed aluminium lid that is adorned with a backlit MSI logo that’s surrounded by a dragon. Regrettably, the aluminium is encased by thick black plastic bands. As for the notebook’s interior, a mix of aluminium, glossy plastics and matte keeps the thing looking astoundingly gorgeous.
Keyboard :- This amazing laptop features a customizable backlit keyboard that can be tweaked using the accompanying software. There are various options for color and effects to choose from, and you will also be able to create custom lighting profiles for when the keyboard is sitting idle or when in use.
Display:- The MSI GT70 dragon edition features a full HD (1920 x 1080) matte display, but disappointingly the screen isn’t as bright as various other gaming laptops.
Audio:- This laptop’s Dynaudio speakers are capable of delivering clear and full and loud audio. Dialogue is nice and crisp and the audio is immersive.
Other specifications to note include: -
- It comes with a 2.4-GHz quad-core Intel Core i7-4700MQ processor with 32GB of RAM.
- It comes with a GT70’s 720p webcam.
- It has a pair of USB 2.0 ports, a trio of USB 3.0 ports 7-in-1 card reader, jacks for a mic, a pair of gold-plated audio jacks, a pair of headphones. Additional ports include HDMI, VGA, display Port, the power jack, a security lock and a Gigabit Ethernet slot.
- This laptop is a bit pricy.
- It’s a bit heavy, making it less portable.
- Its display is dimmer than average.
GIZMOOWORLD RECOMMENDATION FOR MSI GT70